Cassidy Rush Content and SEO Resume
- B.A., Strategic Communication & University Studies
- Oklahoma State University, 2012
- Stillwater, OK
Senior Manager, SEO and Content Strategy
Leafly, December 2019 – Present
- Site section specific content strategy development to achieve KPIs and traffic goals (Strains, Product Marketplace, News, Learn, Dispensaries, Deals, Delivery, Social Justice)
- Collaborate with internal teams and SME’s to recommend and implement b2c and b2b content or SEO strategies (news, content, branded content, product, marketing, etc.)
- Owner of Leafly’s strain database and scalable strategies to bolster organic traffic there
- Y/o/Y sessions to Leafly strain pages grew 18.8% (66.9M to 79.5M).
- 87% of those sessions were organic
- Ongoing keyword tracking and keyword research
- Current on upcoming cannabis industry trends, SEO industry trends, + trends outside the cannabis space that can be harnessed early on for traffic. (Ex. COVID19)
- Regular reporting on SEO and traffic metrics and using that data to make informed SEO decisions (GA, Tableau, GSC, SEMRush, OnCrawl)
- Ongoing competitive research, filling competitive content gaps, and in general keeping a close eye on competitor moves and strategies.
- Constant prioritization and recalibration of opportunities – required effort + estimated ROI
- Close collaboration with Leafly’s SEO agency on projects, timelines, deliverables, and communicating new and changing priorities
- Enthusiastic about SEO testing and mitigating risk of traffic loss
- Localized SEO strategies focused on capturing rich results including featured snippets and PAA opportunities within Google
- Development of 6 major evergreen content hubs
- Ongoing content consolidation and deduplication
- Champion of the Leafly brand and the voice of our consumers
- Copywriter for strains and dispensary pages
- Contributor to Leafly News
Content Marketing Manager
Delta Dental of Washington, November 2018 – December 2019
- Content strategy development for 2018 and beyond.
- Editorial calendar development and management for 2018 and beyond.
- Partner with multiple senior and executive level stakeholders to ensure regulatory, clinical and legal compliance within all content.
- Define content metrics, infrastructure and reporting across business segments and audiences.
- Lead content creator and editor.
- Manage freelance writers and graphic designers.
- Work directly with graphic designers to develop creative.
- Brand champion for DDWA.
- Own voice, tone and compliance with brand standards.
- Integrate with multiple channel owners to help reach KPIs.
- Act as the voice of the customer and consumer.
- SEO strategy development and management for 2018 and beyond.
- Support b2c and b2b content needs, including content aimed at large, medium and small organizations in addition to individual brokers and clients.
- Ghostwrite for executive leaders.
- Use marketing automation tools to a/b test content, CTAs, forms and other critical content functions.
Content Marketing Campaign Manager
PayScale, June 2016 – November 2018
- Act as a liaison between our PR agency and marketing teams for deliverables, strategy and execution.
- Write, edit and publish blog content for two uniquely different PayScale blogs.
- Establish content strategy for PayScale reports in the consumer space.
- Develop micro content and media using PayScale data reports.
- Plan/manage events, booths, collateral for relevant PayScale consumer conferences.
- Develop and execute editorial calendars for social promotion and blog content up to a year out.
- Plan measurable social media campaigns to help amplify PayScale’s voice across all channels.
- Event planning lead for consumer marketing audiences.
- Social media management for both b2b and b2c audiences.
- Work with the data team to strategize consumer questions and language into the survey for building interesting and relevant reports on the workforce.
- Data Storytelling.
- Cross-functional project manager and team lead on projects.
- SEO lead for b2b and b2c content teams.
- Develop internal advocacy group for PayScale content.
- Contribute content externally for PayScale on sites like Elite Daily.
- Manage email marketing strategy for PayScale newsletters.
- Track notable press mentions and reporting using tools like Buzzsumo, TrendKite, Meltwater and Moz.
- Develop content that supports PayScale’s thought leadership pillars.
- Create, manage, and promote PayScale scholarships in the educational space.
- Regular reporting on content and social performance metrics to leadership team using Google Analytics 360, ahrefs, buzzsumo, moz, Sprout Social, domo.
Content Marketing Associate
PayScale, September 2014-June 2016
- Write and contribute blog articles regularly to the PayScale career blog.
- Develop and execute targeted link building campaigns in order to increase the total followed linking root domains to PayScale.
- Develop easily digestible consumer content from data reports on the workforce and higher education.
- Develop infographics for content promotion.
- Responsible for identifying and securing influencers/contributors for different content pieces.
- Regularly pitch our consumer content to journalists, bloggers, freelancers, organizations and social platforms.
- Ongoing focus building relationships with bloggers, reporters, influencers and industry thought leaders.
- Work with media outlets like Money and US News for content partnerships.
- Regularly respond to questions from journalists for story development or quotes.
- Cross-team coordination among marketing team and our third party PR firm.
- Ongoing research for career blog topics based on industry news. Creatively connect our data and content to pop culture to increase social shares.
- Assist our social media manager in hosting and facilitating Reddit AmA’s based on our content we produce.
- Develop SEO strategy for consumer content including keyword research, writing meta data and meta descriptions. Matching relevant content topics in order to rank higher in search engine results.
- Regular content testing before live publication to avoid errors, typos, broken links.
- Regular reporting to management on link building metrics, blog metrics and SEO metrics using tools like Ahrefs, Moz, Google Analytics, Meltwater.
- Manage and helped develop content collateral for outbound promotion including imagery, embargoed press data and press releases.
- Attend relevant industry conferences in order to increase brand awareness and PayScale as a thought leader.
- Manage and work with a small team of freelancers to assist in marketing research.
- Directing, writing and producing video content for PayScale.
PR and Digital Syndication Manager
Flowroute, December 2013 – July 2014
- Cross-channel B2B marketing strategy and development.
- Paid search and display management across multiple digital platforms.
- Media buying, placement, budget allocation, reporting and ongoing optimizations.
- IT community management and social media engagement.
- A/B testing paid search and display performance.
- Directory listing optimization and verification for organic search.
- Setup of conversion tracking using Google AdWords and Google Tag Manager.
- Landing page development focused on conversions and clicks.
- Technical copywriting and assisting with blog content optimization.
- Keyword research and analysis for organic search using Moz Analytics, Google Analytics, Advanced Web Ranking Software.
SEO Specialist II
Cobalt/CDK Marketing, September 2013 – December 2013
- Geo targeted landing page development and testing.
- Google+ local business page development and content optimization.
- Ongoing citation submissions to Google Map Maker.
- merged Google local, places and +pages accounts.
- Implemented Google Analytics tracking code and tag manager for clients using.
- Utilize schema markup & tester in Google Webmaster Tools to help showcase local businesses.
- Monthly analytics documentation and reporting presented to clients.
- Client-facing role with daily engagement & a monthly strategy alignment call.
Digital Marketing Associate
Agency 70, October 2012 – August 2013
- Perform extensive keyword research and analysis.
- Assist Director of Internet Marketing to create and deliver campaign proposals.
- Perform competitive analysis to identify opportunities and areas of improvement for clients.
- Strategically plan and structure campaigns to accommodate client scope and budget.
- Monitor and track Google Analytics and Google AdWords to create monthly SEO reports.
- Utilize Advanced Web Ranking software to identify rankings and campaign performance.
- Create and maintain Google Webmaster and Bing Webmaster tools for indexing and backlink tracking for clients.
- Present monthly SEO and SEM reports to clients.
- Develop optimized copy for page titles, meta descriptions and keywords.
- Compose compelling and organic blog posts for multiple clients.
- Use Google AdWords to identify possible negative keywords, opportunities for increasing bids, PPC campaign performance and optimizing PPC ad copy.
- Utilize web resources to develop sitemaps and url lists for webmaster submission.
- Develop compelling CTA copy meant to increase conversions for clients.
- Work with public relations team to optimize social media content and press releases.
Digital Advertising Intern
The Daily Dot, June 2012-August 2012
- Research, develop and maintain media lists of potential online advertisers.
- Directly assist advertising director in multiple projects and tasks.
- Continuous prospecting for potential advertisers.
- Create informational media kits to generate online advertising.
- Analyze web traffic and audience demographics for advertising.
- Conduct extensive research into audience web habits.
- Work with key players to develop goals and objective based on research.
- Assist the advertising director with critical sales meetings.
- Act as the liaison between The Daily Dot and our PR agency.
- Coordinate daily communication with key players in the organization across the country.
Advertising Account Executive
The Daily O’Collegian, June 2011 – May 2012
- Execute client projects and daily account activities including status reports and timeline development.
- Develop project cost estimates and communicate with multiple clients for approval.
- Aggressively research, develop and cultivate leads using a variety of online and offline sources.
- Work directly with clients to develop innovative advertising strategies.
- Prepare accurate advertising contracts and payment terms on behalf of the O’Colly.
- Communicate between clients and agencies to coordinate and execute advertising campaigns
- Responsible for selling multiple advertising formats including print, online and mobile.
- Use Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator on a daily basis.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting artwork for modification or approval in a timely manner.
Resume info last updated 1/1/2022